f

Անկախ

Pompeo says Chinese manufacturer Huawei is no less dangerous than Soviet era programs


US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said that he considers the communication infrastructure from the Chinese manufacturer Huawei to be no less dangerous than programs produced during Soviet era.

"Our government agencies are cooperating in new ways to stop the Chinese military from using our own innovation against us. And we’re putting our allies and partners on notice about the massive security and privacy risks connected to letting Huawei construct their 5G networks inside of their countries," he said. "And I remind them – and this is an imperfect analogy, and I’m deeply aware of that – but none of us would have installed Soviet technology."

According to him, the Chinese Communist Party will have direct access to technology and information that goes through Huawei networks.

"We will never permit U.S. sensitive information to transit across a network that we knowingly believe is not a trusted network, and this technology, for all of its glory – indeed, some of the things that make it so special – create those very risks in spades," Pompeo noted.

 

Other Articles from Author

Read also

AGBU ESTABLISHES DEDICATED FUND AND RELIEF TEAM FOR LEBANON; OVER TWO MILLION ALREADY RAISED
Diaspora Commissioner Welcomes Non-Armenian Migrants to Armenia
Aurora Humanitarian Initiative Pledges $200,000 for Beirut Disaster Relief—and Calls on the Global Armenian Community to Help
I am glad that we managed to make sure that the war did not bring any benefit to Azerbaijan.
Political Victory over Azerbaijan Is as Important as the Military Victory
Armenia's Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan to The Jerusalem Post / JPost.com
Turkish Intellectuals Acknowledge The Armenian Genocide on TV Program
Comment by the Foreign Ministry Spokesperson on the violation of ceasefire by Azerbaijan
Athena Manoukian presented a new videoclip on her new single
It is necessary to develop a n urgent concrete action plan and take steps to remove this resolution from the agenda of the Senate through the U.S. Department of State
The European Court of Human Rights awarded Gagik Khachatryan’s application by requesting the Government of the Republic of Armenia to ensure immediate medicaltreatment
Last week, I Turkish Intellectuals Acknowledge The Armenian Genocide on TV Program
On the night of July 18-19, as well as this moment, the situation on the Armenian-Azerbaijani border is relatively calm.
The statement of the Secretary General of the European Ombudsman Institute Mr. Josef Siegele:
The Ministry of Defense of Azerbaijan has officially stated that the Azerbaijani Armed Forces may launch missile attacks on the Metsamor Nuclear Power Plantof the Republic of Armenia.
Statement by the MFA of Armenia on threats of the Ministry of Defence of Azerbaijan to launch a missile strike at the Armenian Metsamor Nuclear Power Plant
Today, civilian Aramayis Hovakimyan, a resident of Chinari village, was wounded by an enemy drone strike.
Armenian side is ready to permit the recovery and retrieval of the Azerbaijani killed and injured from the battlefield.
Statement of the Foreign Ministry of Armenia on the resumption of military operations of Azerbaijan towards Tavush region
The Armenian side has no casualties as a result of operations carried out today in the north-eastern part of the Armenian-Azerbaijani state border.
Today's attack by the Azerbaijani side in the direction of Aygepar village
The Minister of Defense David Tonoyan contacted with the Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairman-in-Office, Ambassador Andrzej Kasprzyk.
Around 03:40 at night, positions of the RA Armed Forces noticed enemy movement. Switching to all-around defense Armenian units prevented the enemy's attempt of infiltration.
The Armenian Army launched for the first time its own drones in the battle field and those drones are designed by the Armenian engineers
One serviceman is in an extremely serious condition.
More
More